J1MAS Custom Jazz guitar with vintage cherry sunburst: This guitar was built for the specific purpose of playing in a jazz band or orchestra. Maple back and sides and high quality aged Sitka spruce top are employed to create a flat top jazz guitar.
This instrument saw it’s shake down in the rhythm section of a local community college big band. Importantly, the break-in period was refined by sitting in front of the piano and surrounded by horns and winds. It is well known (or should be) that the sounds a guitar “hears” will influence it’s tonal quality. Thus, this guitar does well in unison and counterpoint with the saxes, trombones, trumpets and piano.
Importantly, all Art Davis guitars are sensitive to small changes such as string types or gauges or different bridge pins. Currently, this J1MAS Custom is strung with flat wound D’Addario 11’s and sings like a bird. We will do A/B tests for you according to your interests.
- Total length 43.5in. / 110.49cm
- Scale length 25.5in. / 64.77cm
- Body length 21.25in. / 53.98cm
- Body width 17in. / 43.18cm
- Tail block 4.25in. / 10.8cm
- Total depth 5.41in. / 13.74cm
- Aged Sitka spruce top and maple back and sides
- Honduras Mahogany neck with high modulus carbon fiber truss system
- Ebony fingerboard and head plate with Brazilian rosewood bridge
- Flamed maple binding and classic fine line purfling
- Vintage cherry sunburst with over 30 hand rubbed coats of nitro-cellulose lacquer
- Custom tuned A.Davis X-bracing with Adirondack and Sitka spruce
- Narrow 1 11/16″ nut width for complex chords and fingering
- Dunlop 6105 fret wire for stealthy rock and roll playability
- Chrome Gotoh 510 Tuners
- Mi-Si Acoustic Trio UST pickup